2015 Best wishes

Christmas has come & gone & best wishes for the New Year that’s now with us. News from the Aussie household is that Mrs Aussie has been back on a bike since her broken arm in late October. In fact, she’s had a short bike ride each day this year & seems to be coping well, aside from some pain/difficulty from rear wheel braking with her left hand? Any day now we may even be able to get out on our bikes together, as I’ve been rather restricted with my own left elbow ailment; a severe infection. My energy/motivation level has been down a bit, just as our outdoor temperatures have been too warm lately. Sounds like a coastal cruisey-ride is in order & coming soon?

Even though my recent endeavours to make my Brompton C bag fit well onto our flat-bar S type Bromptons have worked out well (see the recent “Bag & frame flexibility” post), I couldn’t resist picking up an S bag at Belrose Bicycles’ Boxing Day sale. The Barcelona model bag will readily avoid any confusion with Mrs Aussie’s standard S bag (& maybe spur her on to produce her own S flap?) Here’s Clarence with the Barcelona bag –
/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/bcc/44151479/files/2015/01/img_0645.jpg

News from the Brompton world can’t get much better than an OBE in the New Year honors for the Brompton MD, Will Butler-Adams. I’ve had a few meet-ups with Will & an award for “Services to UK manufacturing” is typical of the man; his enthusiasm, passion & leadership goes far further than Brompton & is first class. Here he is inspiring some Sydney-siders during a visit –
/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/bcc/44151479/files/2015/01/img_0644.jpg

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “2015 Best wishes

1. badgerphotographic 03/01/2015 at 22:42 Reply

Great write up Mr.A.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to both of you.
    Mick & Kate.B.X

• Aussie on a Brompton 03/01/2015 at 22:45 Reply

Thank you Mick Sir, although I’m still in shock with the speed of your commenting? (bare seconds?)

2. digitaldion 03/01/2015 at 23:45 Reply

So glad you’re both up and about. Much joy and blessing to a fellow Southern Hemisphere coastal Bromptoneer!

3. Unfolded NYC 04/01/2015 at 23:45 Reply

Happy New Year to you and the missus, Ian! I’m glad her elbow has mended so well and hope yours follows suit. Clarence is looking very handsome with his new Barcelona.

4. Dean 14/01/2015 at 23:31 Reply

Hi there

New to Brompton and have been reading your blog with interest. I have made a number of “improvements” to my B1 but am still struggling with the higher gearing. Check out my newly created blog for a WA perspective.

5. The Brompton Diarist 06/02/2015 at 02:33 Reply

I still swoon when I see Clarence in all of his Claret glory! That Barcelona bag is quite a head-turner, too. Dr. Diarist seriously considered buying the Barcelona limited edition, but couldn’t get it in a six-speed (essential for our part of the world).

It’s good to hear that Mrs. Aussie is doing so well; hopefully her hand is on the way back to full health and braking will become less painful as time goes on. And here’ hoping that your elbow cooperates so that you can get out on that shore ride and many more, soon!