Late ramblings

Brompt activity in December included a great Christmas catch-up ride arranged by Nick from Brompton Australia, commencing at Cheeky Transport & rambling through the Eastern Suburbs & finishing at KL Kitchen in Potts Point. Peter arranged a banquet at his Malaysian restaurant & a lovely evening was enjoyed by all

Some old hands & many new acquaintances & we all received one of Nick’s cloth badges

Late in the month saw a short break at Macmasters Beach. A morning walk to the beachside cafe seemed to deserve one of their breakfasts?

For lunch we undertook a cycleway ride from Gosford through to Woy Woy, fueled up on grilled fish, chips & salad before returning to Gosford. Along the way we diverted to some laps around the velodrome

Lots of nice/interesting views out over the waterways. Not a shellfish fan & so I didn’t need to work out how to attend this Oyster Barn

Throughout December I managed to get in some gentle rides along the river foreshores near Olympic Park. Very enjoyable.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Late ramblings

1. Mei 26/01/2016 at 22:26 Reply

What fun to see that final photo near Olympic Park. I’ve had coffee in that exact same spot twice since our December dinner! While there the last time, a passing woman noticed my Brompton and wanted to know all about it. She was very impressed and will hopefully join the Brompton club in the not-too-distant future.

2. Unfolded NYC 28/01/2016 at 04:11 Reply

Wonderful post, and the badge is BRILLIANT!

• Aussie on a Brompton 28/01/2016 at 21:31 Reply

Ta “Unfolded”, I thought you’d comment on the lack of snow? Best wishes with your weather.

3. mark 01/02/2016 at 21:19 Reply

Nice post Ian. Thanks for your part in keeping the dream alive!

4. Ken Pisichko 03/06/2016 at 21:22 Reply

Howdy (from Doha, Qatar).

I have just purchased 2 used Brommies and now my travelling companion and I can do some decent travel without paying confiscatory airline fees.

How can I get 2 of Nick’s badges? They would be really appropriate as we will be using regular touring bicycles when we travel next July-August from Cape York to Cairns (unsupported).

Not willing to try outback touring on dirt roads with the M6R or P6R Brommies. I know when to hold my touring bike and when to fold the Brommie.

Send info to kenp@mts.net.

Thanks. Ken

• Aussie on a Brompton 03/06/2016 at 22:01 Reply

Hi Ken,
      The Brompton logo cloth badges may be available at the major Brompton shops in Sydney. I’ve recently seen them at Omafiets & would expect CheekyTransport & BelroseBicycles to have them too.

Happy Brompting